The course is approved by the Directorate General of Shipping and meets the requirements laid down in Regulation I/12, Sections A-I/12, B-I/12 and Table A-V/1-2-2 of the STCW Convention and Code as amended in 2010 and is in compliance with IMO Model Course 1.35.
The simulator is based on a real fully refrigerated 78000 m3 Gas carrier fitted with Relique faction Plant. Ship can load two separate grades of Cargo Pumps, Boster Pump, Relater, Fixed gas detector, IG plant & Emergency shutdown system. Real time training is provided with Chief officer monitoring & controlling cargo operations in CCR & duty officer conducting operations on deck.
Course Fees: INR 20,000/-
- Familiarization with all cargo equipment & Instrumentation,
- Awareness of hazards of LPG Cargo and Use of checklists in various cargo operations,
- Planning of cargo loading & discharging operations with the use of booster pump & cargo reheater when required,
- Line up for Loading, Discharging, Cooling, Ballasting, Inerting, Heating & Gas Freeing,
- Understand the operation of Reliquefaction plant, analyze the displayed information to deduce fault,
- Monitor loading, stability, care during the voyage and unloading of LPG cargo,
- Understand all operations of an Gas tanker in a Drydock to Drydock cycle & change of grade operations,
- Identify operational problems and gain experience in solving them.