The participants will obtain knowledge and enhance their understanding on the Maritime Labour Convention and the way it functions, including the Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance (DMLC).
The course will give participants a good starting point for evaluating how to handle, prepare for and implement Convention requirements.
Key issues covered
- Background and scope of the MLC
- Minimum requirements for seafarers to work on a ship
- Conditions of employment
- Accommodation and recreational facilities
- Food and catering
- Health protection, medical care, welfare and social security
- Complaint handling
- Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance (containing the shipowners' measures/procedures for ongoing compliance with Convention requirements)