|Engine Room Familiarization|
Entry Criteria: TME's & J/E
Course Duration: 2 Days
The Trainee Engineers joining a ship must be familiar with various equipment / pipe lines of various systems in the engine room. All the equipments / systems have safety hazards if not operated in the right sequence.
This engine room simulator course will help the Junior / Trainee engineers in familiarization of various system pipe line / valves set up and location of machinery in engine room, various controls in the engine control room and sequence to be followed before starts any pump or machinery.
After the successful completion of the course the candidates will be able to
- Will be quick in identifying the systems and equipment.
- Make a safe and more effective contribution to the operation of the ship.
- Will gain knowledge in identifying basic problem and trouble shooting.
- Gain knowledge and follow correct procedure for operating various valves and pumps in various systems.
- To build confidence in operating various auxiliary machinery and equipments in the engine room.
- Practice effective watch keeping duties when on board ship.
- Understand the requirement of Marpol Regulation on operation of oily water separator and incinerator.
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the course.|
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.