The introduction of the electronically controlled camshaft-less low speed diesel engines is proceeding rapidly, with many ME engines ordered, and consequently, many ME engines entering service. Presently, more than 250 ME engines are on order. It is the need of the hour to train the Marine Engineer in the safe operation and maintenance of the electronically controlled low speed diesel engine. Training is carried out on a complete ME simulator, so that crews can get realistic hands-on training.
The course covers the following topics
- Description of the design features of the ME engine.
- Hydraulic power supply system operation, filter unit and operation of the system.
- Familiarizing with the main operating panel displays.
- Hydraulic cylinder unit operation and function.
- Fuel oil pressure booster operation and adjustment.