|Special Training Programme For Third (3/O) Officers|
Entry Criteria: Third Officers
Course Duration: 5 Days
The special training course for third officers is designed for a deck cadet who has freshly obtained his II-mates certificate of competency and is to join his first ship as a certificated officer.
The aim of this course is to ensure that on completion of training the candidate will be better prepared to undertake the duties of a Third Officer on board a vessel and enables him to translate the knowledge gained through his CoC examination into practical working skills to be applied in day to day operations on board the ship.
Contents of the course
- Bridge Watchkeeping practices
- Practical application of COLREGS
- Use of Navigational Equipment
- Chart and Publication corrections
- Log keeping
- Passage Planning
- GMDSS Equipment Tests
- LSA / FFA Maintenance
- Calculation of Tides
- Port and Cargo Watchkeeping
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the course.|
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.