The course conducted on a full mission simulator is a training course for Masters in handling manoeuvers in Port, rivers, canals and handling emergencies during these scenarios.
Each participant holds the conn during varying manoeuvers and is trained in the finer aspects of port, canal, river manoeuvering including planning aspects as per company guidelines, slow speed ship handling, using turning basins, berthing, unberthing with tugs and handling any emergency therewith under the guidance of a pilot and faculty.
Contents of the course:
- Principles of ship handling â€“ turning circle, shallow water effects, wind and current effects.
- Emergency Manoeuvres - Ship handling with navigational equipment failures.
- Management of Navigational Emergencies.
- Anchoring in congested waters, anchoring in an emergency.
- Planning a passage to berth, berthing and unberthing manoeuver.
- Using turning basins in the port
- Effective use of tugs
- Critical manoeuvers during berthing / unberthing
- Slow speed control countering environmental forces.