|Global Maritime Distress Safety System (GMDSS) (UK)|
AEMRC UK Certified
Entry Criteria: Mstr, C/O, 2/O, 3/O, R/O
Course Duration: 8 Days
GMDSS (GOC) course covers the mandatory minimum requirement for certification of GMDSS operator as specified in Section A-IV/2 of the STCW 1995 code. The 8 days course is designed on the IMO Model Course 1.25. Alternate batches are conducted, and approved by AMERC/MCA-UK, certificate issued under CEPT/ERC Recommendation T/R81-03, by Maritime Coastguard Agency, UK.
Course ObjectiveEvery person in charge of performing radio duties on a ship that is required to participate in the GMDSS, should be able to demonstrate competency :
- Understanding SOLAS & Radio regulations and GMDSS carriage requirements.
- To effectively use GMDSS equipment to transmit and receive all kinds of communication (distress, urgency, safety and routine).
- To maintain GMDSS log and carry out regular test and checks.
- Transferability of skills on various makes of GMDSS equipment eg. Skanti, Sailor, JRC, Furuno.
Contents of the Course
- GMDSS Concept.
- Radio Watchkeeping.
- Digital Selective Calling.
- Distress, Urgency & Safety.
- SOLAS Procedure, distress alerts and messages for GMDSS Vessels.
- INMARSAT Systems - C, FLEET-77.
- GMDSS Equipment usage and operation, viz SATCOM, NBDP, DSC, E.P.I.R.B., SART, NAVTEX.
- Exercises on Practical Operation and usage.
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the classroom course.|
- 1 passport size photograph
- 2 passport size photographs required in the Exam application form (with Tie) (Photo Size - 4.5cm x 3.5cm, Plain Cream or Light Grey Background, Without Glasses)
- Copies of Passport, CDC with sea time as Deck Cadet / AB / OS / Radio Operator or Ship Administrative officer