|LNG Cargo And Ballast Handling Simulator (LCHS)[D. G. Approved]|
Entry Criteria: Minimum 2nd Mates FG CoC or NCV or Mate COC and GASCO.
Course Duration: 5 Days
The course is approved by the Directorate General of Shipping and meets the requirements laid down in Regulation I/12, Sections A-I/12, B-I/12 and Table A-V/1-2-2 of the STCW Convention and Code as amended in 2010 and is in compliance with IMO Model Course 1.36.
The LNG Simulator has two ship models:
- The Moss Rosenberg design 135, 477m3 LNG Carrier Having 5 tanks, the cargo system consists of 2 HD and 2 LD compressors, LD and HD heaters vaporizer and forcing vaporizer, 10 submerged cargo pumps of 1100m3/ hr each and 5 spray / striping pumps, of 50m3/hr each ÂŠÂŠ The LNG membrane tanker design of 217, 459.6m3 capacity having 5 tanks.
- The cargo system consists of 2 HD and 2 LD compressors, LD and HD heaters, LNG vaporizer and forcing vaporizer, 10 submerged cargo pumps of 1,700m3/hr each and 5 spray / Stripping pumps of 50m3/hr each and an emergency pump. For both models, tanks and system valves can be controlled from the CCR and deck panels. Additionally, there are temperature, pressure and level gauges fixed gas detection system, IGG plant and ESD.
Real-time training is provided with Chief officer monitoring & controlling cargo operations in CCR & duty officer conducting operations on deck.
- Familiarization with all cargo equipment & Instrumentation,
- Awareness of hazards of LNG Cargo and Use of checklists in various cargo operations,
- Understand all operations of an LNG tanker in a Drydock to Drydock cycle & gas freeing operations,
- Planning of cargo loading & discharging operations with the use of HD Compressor, Spray pumps and vaporisers where required,
- Line up for Loading, Discharging, Cooling, Ballasting, Inerting Heating & Gas Freeing,
- Understand the operation of LD Compressor and forcing vaporiser to transfer boil-off gas to the boiler,
- Monitor loading, stability, care during the voyage and unloading of LNG cargo,
- Identify operational problems and gain experience in solving them.
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the classroom course.|
2 passport size photographs
Copies of Passport, CDC, COC, INDOS number
Certificate copy of GASCO, AFF, FPFF & MFA, COP (GAS) - Level 1