|Basic Training For Liquefied Natural Gas Tanker Cargo Operations [D. G. Approved]|
Entry Criteria: Candidates holding CDC & INDOS number along with the Course Certificates of EFA, PST, PSSR & FPFF
Course Duration: 5 days
This course is intended for officers and ratings assigned specific duties and responsibilities related to cargo and cargo equipments on LNG tankers. Also for officers and ratings who have not previously served on board liquefied Natural gas tankers as part of the regular complement.
It comprises a Familiarization training programme appropriate to their duties and responsibilities, different types of liquefied Natural gas tankers, including characteristics of Liquefied Natural Gas cargoes, their associated hazards, safety measures, emergency operations, cargo equipment and operations. It covers the mandatory minimum training requirements prescribed by section A-V/1 of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers, 1978 as amended in 1995 (STCW).
Contents of the course
- To serve on Liquefied Natural Gas tanker in a capacity other than master, chief engineer officer, chief officer or second engineer officer.
- To perform specific duties and responsibilities related to those duties in connection with cargo and cargo equipment; provided that they are not immediately responsible for the loading, discharging, care in transit or handling of LNG cargo.
- To demonstrate knowledge of safe handling of LNG tanker cargoes and their effect on the safety of life and of the ship.
- To demonstrate knowledge of the precautions to be taken on board LNG tankers to prevent pollution of the marine environment.
- To comply with anti-pollution procedures and use of all associated equipment on LNG tankers.
- To demonstrate a basic working knowledge of relevant IMO conventions applicable to LNG tankers concerning safety at sea and protection of the environment.
- To demonstrate knowledge of the safe operation of the LNG tanker cargo pumping systems in accordance with established rules and procedures.
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the classroom course.|
2 passport size photographs
Copies of Passport, CDC and INDOS No.
Copies of EFA, FPFF, OCTFC / Practical Tanker fire-fighting.