According to DG Shipping Engineering Circular No. 143 of 2018 this course is applicable to all those Engineer Officers (operational level and Management Level) whose COC have already been issued in compliance with STCW 2010 amendments and aspiring to revalidate their COC.
Such engineer officers have to satisfactorily complete the three days training course in refresher and updating training course for revalidation in a DGS approved institute conducting the course.
The purpose of this upgradation course is to make management-level engineers aware about the latest amendments, developments and trends in the shipping industry.
Viewing the above factors, this course has been developed to meet the requirements of DG shipping circular and other notifications as applicable.
This course has been prepared as per Director General of Shipping recommendations and shall have the approval of DG Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India.
Contents of the course
- Knowledge of latest and upcoming changes in lMO, lLO conventions and any other international convention related to shipping.
- Overview of the M.S.Act and important M.S. Rules and various DGS Circulars.
- Knowledge of the new developments in marine engineering systems (Ship Design, Automation and Materials)
- Knowledge of the latest and upcoming changes in Class rules of Major IACS member Classification societies.
- Know the trends in PSC and FSI.
- Learning from the experience of machinery breakdown/personal injury.