This course covers MARPOL Implementation and Environmental Management System compliance on board ships. It highlights the serious consequences of non-compliance with anti-pollution requirements.
The course cover the training requirements for the competencies related to compliance with MARPOL requirements for protection of the marine environment as mentioned in STCW Table A-III/1, A-III/2 and A-III/6.
Practical training is imparted on Oil Content Monitor operation.
Contents of the course:
- Important requirements of Marpol Annexes I - VI.
- Best practices for operation of Marpol equipment, i.e. Oily Water Separator / Oil Content Meter, Incinerator and Sewage Treatment Plant.
- Review and understanding of data recorded in memory chip of DECKMA OMD 2005 Oil Content Monitor.
- Record keeping requirements including Oil Record Book and Garbage Record Book, filling guidance.
- US EPAâ€™s NPDES requirements and compliance.
- Ballast Water Management and Biofouling Management.
- MARPOL Annex VI compliance w.r.t EEXI, CII, and SEEMP III
- SOPEP and Spill Cleanup Equipment
- New regulations coming into force