|Deck Cadet Induction Training|
Entry Criteria: Deck Cadets prior joining first ship
Course Duration: 12 Days
A young deck cadet joining ship for the first time is a raw youth of tender age, impressionable, immature but exuberant and full of enthusiasm to learn. This raw material needs to be moulded into a good and responsible officer of tomorrow.
This course introduces him to Anglo- Easternís policies, organization structure, its work practices and above all, its culture.
The cadet shall:
- Know Anglo -Easternís various policies organization structure, its work ethics and safety culture.
- To appreciate the high standards of safety to be followed on board.
- Be able to refer to the company manuals and the Code of Safe Working Practice (COSWP), prior commencing work and carry it out step-bystep as detailed in the procedures.
- Be fully aware of the requirement of Shipboard Structured Training Program.
Contents of the course
- Company profile, Organisational Structure.
- AESM standards with regards to safety and performance.
- STCW 95, ISM Code, ISPS requirements.
- Company SMS system.
- Work ethics and safety Culture.
- Interpersonal conduct with officers and ratings.
- Occupational Hazards and safe Working Practices (COSWP).
- Bridge and Port Watch keeping.
- Shipboard Structured Training Program (SSTP).
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the course.|
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.