|Deck Machinery Operation & Maintenance|
Entry Criteria: C/O, 2/O, 3/O & Masters
Course Duration: 2 Days
This two days course is designed to enhance the Deck Officer's knowledge and improve awareness about the operation of various deck machinery and their maintenance. This course also imparts practical and operational knowledge to the officers especially on different equipments like Cranes, windlass and mooring winches, etc.
This course is not meant to make the Deck Officer an expert in machinery maintenance, but to give an overall knowledge of operational problems and to be able to take quick action and provide feedback to prevent accidental breakdowns or damages. In case of technical difficulties, CEO or other engineers should be consulted.
Contents of the course
- Familiarize the Deck Officers with simple hydraulic system
- Hydraulic fluid system contamination and prevention
- To learn the correct operating procedures and various safety interlocks for Hydraulic cranes, Bow / Stern thrusters, Winch and windlass
- Procedure for Overhauling of ballast and cargo valves
- Cold weather precautions for operating hydraulic machinery
- Care of Hydraulic Fluids/pumps/Motors
- Simple exercises on hydraulic trainer
- Working of Pumps, Valves, educator & wilden pump
- Discussion of case studies
- Practical : Overhauling of Valves, wilden pump, Gangway motor, Brake band & Air vent floats
- Greasing and Lubrication
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the classroom course.|
For webinar course
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.
- Softcopy of passport size photo and above documents