The course is approved by the Directorate General of Shipping and meets the requirements laid down in Regulation I/12, Sections A-I/12, B-I/12 and Table A-V/1-2-2 of the STCW Convention and Code as amended in 2010 and is in compliance with IMO Model Course 1.36.
The LNG simulator is modelled on the Moss Rosenberg design 132,000 cum LNG carrier having 4 cargo tanks. The cargo control system consist of 2HD and 2LD compressors, LD and HD heaters, vaporisers and forcing vaporiser, 2 deep well cargo pumps of 1500 cum/hr and spray pumps 50 cum/hr. Boil off gases can be sent to steam boiler. Tank valves can be operated/ controlled from CCR and at the tank dome on the deck panel. Additionally there are temperature, pressure and level gauges, fixed gas detection system, IGG plant and ESD.
Real time training is provided with Chief officer monitoring & controlling cargo operations in CCR & duty officer conducting operations on deck.
- Familiarization with all cargo equipment & Instrumentation,
- Awareness of hazards of LNG Cargo and Use of checklists in various cargo operations,
- Understand all operations of an LNG tanker in a Drydock to Drydock cycle & gas freeing operations,
- Planning of cargo loading & discharging operations with the use of HD Compressor, Spray pumps and vaporisers where required,
- Line up for Loading, Discharging, Cooling, Ballasting, Inerting Heating & Gas Freeing,
- Understand the operation of LD Compressor and forcing vaporiser to transfer boil off gas to the boiler,
- Monitor loading, stability, care during the voyage and unloading of LNG cargo,
- Identify opeational problems and gain experience in solving them.