The course is approved by the Directorate General of Shipping and meets the requirements laid down in Regulation I/12, Sections A-I/12, B-I/12 and Table A-V/1-1-2 of the STCW Convention and Code as amended and is in compliance with IMO Model Course 2.06.
The simulator creates real time operational environments for cargo and ballast handling training on ship models of the following types.
- VLCC (DWT 318692 mt). An oil tanker with 15 cargo tanks, 2 slop tanks, 3 steam driven centrifugal cargo pumps, a tank cleaning pump, COW and inert gas system.
- Aframax tanker (DWT 116000 mt). An Oil Tanker with 12 cargo tanks, 2 slop tanks, 3 steam driven centrifugal cargo pumps, COW and inert gas system. The Ballast system includes a BWTS plant.
- Product Tanker (DWT 47400 mt). The tanker model is equipped with Framo pumping system serving 5 Sets of cargo tanks and 2 slop tanks, Tank Cleaning and Inert Gas system.
The simulator models are equipped with Loading Computers for offline cargo planning, online intact stability monitoring and damage stability calculations.
Real time training is provided with Chief Officer monitoring & controlling cargo operations in a Cargo Control Room (CCR) & duty officer conducting operations on the deck panel.
- Familiarization with cargo operational equipment, instrumentation and controls.
- Awareness of hazards of oil cargo and use of checklists in various cargo handling operations. Greater awareness of the need for proper planning of cargoes.
- Planning of cargo loading & discharging operations on loadicator.
- Line up for Loading, Discharging, COW, Ballasting, Inerting & Gas freeing.
- Monitor loading, stability, care during the voyage and unloading of oil cargoes.
- Identify operational problems and gain experience in solving them.
- Improve decision-making ability to promote safety and protect the environment.
- Understand all operations of an oil tanker for a Drydock to Drydock cycle.
Course Fees: INR 16,000/-