|Ship Manoeuvring Simulator & Bridge Team Work [D. G. Approved]|
D. G. Approved Course, TMSA Training Requirement 5a
Entry Criteria: Holding – I Mate (FG) CoC or Mate (HT) CoC
Course Duration: 5 Days
|Course Schedule: |
|From Date||To Date||Location|| |
A mandatory course for all Chief officers, appearing for Masters certificate of competancy examination. The course is conducted on a full mission 180o vision TRANSAS NT-PRO 4000 Navigation Simulator, The candidates perform various exerises on the simulator and are trained for ship handling and managing the bridge team effectively. In the final exercises, they are assessed for their technical ship manoeuvring skills and for leadership in team management.
Contents of the course
- Familiarization with the use of engines and helm for the ship manoeuvring
- An understanding of the effects on the behaviour of the ship of: Wind , Current , Shallow water effect, banks and narrow channels. Condition of loading
- A greater awareness of the importance of planning a passage or manoeuvre and the need for an alternative plan; and a greater understanding and awareness of efficient bridge procedures during watchkeeping and ship handling.
- Basic Principles of ship handling.
- Standard manoeuvres.
- Wind and Current effects.
- Shallow-water effects.
- Bank, Channel and Interaction effects.
- Anchoring and single-buoy mooring.
- Planning and carrying out a voyage.
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the course.|
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.