|Ship Security Officer [D. G. Approved]|
D. G. Approved Course in accordance with STCW A-VI/5
Entry Criteria: Officers holding any CoC and a minimum 12 months approved sea-going service.
Webinar Duration (Theory Only) : 3 Days
|Course Schedule: |
|From Date||To Date||Location|| |
In response to the growing threat of terrorism, new measures relating to the security of ships and port facilities have been adopted by the IMO. A New Chapter has been added to the SOLAS and there is a new Code called "The International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code".
- All ships are to comply with the requirements of the ISPS Code as of 1st July 2004, and with STCW A-VI/5 as of 1st January 2008.
- As of 1st July 2009, all personnel designated as Ship Security Officer or Assistant Ship Security Officer shall hold a certificate issued under STCW A-VI/5 by an administration recognised by the relevant flag state of the vessel.
- Administrations recommend that other management level shipboard personnel should also undergo this course for effective implementation of the Ship Security Plan.
- Mandatory Requirement for the training of shipboard personnel is given under Section 13 of "ISPS Code" and STCW A-VI/5.
Contents of the course
Classroom Course Fees: INR 7,000/-
- Security responsibility and Administration.
- Ship Security Assessment & Plans (Includes Workshop Exercises)
- Security Communication with various authorities including "Security Alert".
- Ship Security Surveys & Certification
- Monitoring and Control, including Audits.
- Ship Security Measures.
- Detection of Weapons, Explosives.
- Recognition of Suspicious characters.
- Search Patterns.
- Security Equipment.
- Anti-piracy and armed robbery
- Emergency Response Drills and Exercises
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the course.|
2 passport size photographs
Copies of Passport, INDOS number
Copy of COC (any rank)
Copy of CDC showing Min 12 months sea service