|Bulk Carrier Safety And Inspections Course|
Entry Criteria: Mstr, C/O, 2/O, Who have sailed on Bulk Carriers
Course Duration: 4 Days
|Course Schedule: |
|From Date||To Date||Location|| |
In recent years there has been a lot of deliberations and research done on bulk-carriers and their structural strength (rather weakness) and safe cargo operations and carriage. This course covers the IMO requirements of Safe Loading and Unloading of Bulk Carriers and is also based on DNV's course on Bulk Carrier Inspection. It covers all aspects of Bulk Carrier Practice.
- Be able to safely load, unload bulk cargoes in varying conditions on stowage and draft restrictions.
- Know where to inspect and locate fractures and deterioration in hull structure.
- Assist in carrying out enhanced surveys.
Contents of the course
- Bulk carrier stresses, Solas, chp XII
- Maintenance and Corrosion Control
- Hatch cover operation and maintenance
- DNV's structural inspection program
- Contents of "IMSBC CODE" and its usage
- Carriage of special bulk cargoes
- Enhanced Survey Program
- Structural Repairs
- Do's and Don'ts of Hatch cover opening and maintenance
- Carriage of special bulk cargoes : Steel, DRI, Grain, Ores &
- Practical : Loadicator use along with grain loading
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the course.|
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.