|Engine Room Simulator - Management Level [D. G. Approved]|
Entry Criteria: Engineers Holding MEO Class IV CoC
Course Duration: 5 Days
|Course Schedule: |
|From Date||To Date||Location|| |
A five day mandatory course for marine engineers, approved by DG of shipping India. At this level the Senior engineer who is in charge of watch keeping and engine room management is given specific training as per STCW-95.
Course ObjectiveAfter successfull completion of the course, the candidates will be able to make a safer and more effective contribution to the operation and control of the ship's machinery installation:-
- To gain knowledge in understanding the correct procedure for watch keeping.
- Acquisition of knowledge and experience in identifying operational problems and trouble shooting.
- To improve the decision making ability especially during critical situations, which promote the safety and efficiency of an perational plant by reducing the extent of damage which otherwise would occur to the machinery.
Contents of the course
- Familiarization on machinery and plant equipment.
- Engine Room Simulator Particulars of Model Ship.
- Configuration of Full Mission Engine Room.
- Engine Room Pipeline System, Power generation and distribution System.
- Principle and Practice of watchkeeping.
- Simulator Scenario Exercise, on various abnormal operating conditions.
- Fault Finding on Auxiliary and Main Propulsion plant.
- Management of Power generation.
- Management of steam plant and operation.
Course Fees: INR 10,000/-
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the course.|
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.