|Engine Room Simulator - Operational Level [D. G. Approved]|
Entry Criteria: Approved Pre-Sea Training & 06 months Seatime as Trainee Engineer
Course Duration: 3 Days
|Course Schedule: |
|From Date||To Date||Location|| |
The Engineer Officer onboard ship has to be very familiar with the modern machinery and equipment, before taking charge as an independent watch keeper. The technology advancement and extensive use of instrumentation and controls, increased the number of U.M.S. Class vessels tremendously. The watch keeper’s quick response towards critical situations and abnormalities is very important for the safety of the ship.
After successfull completion of the course, the candidates will be able to make a safer and more effective contribution to the operation and control of the ship’s machinery installation:-
- To familiarize the trainees with the use of instrumentation and controls, extensively used in the engine rooms of modern merchant ships.
- To gain knowledge in understanding the correct procedure for watch keeping.
- Acquisition of knowledge and experience in identifying operational problems and trouble shooting.
Contents of the course
- Familiarization on machinery and plant equipment.
- Engine Room Simulator Particulars of Model Ship.
- Engine Room Pipeline System.
- Principle and Practice of watch keeping.
- Simulator Log Reading.
- Practice on writing Engine Room Log Books and Oil Record Book.
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the course.|
2 passport size photographs
Copies of Passport, CDC & INDOS No.