|Machinery Maintenance Skill Enhancement - Module 2|
Entry Criteria: 4/E
Course Duration: 6 Days
Good maintenance and repair procedures contribute significantly to the efficient running of the machinery & safety of the crew. The variety and complexity of equipment to be serviced, the hazards associated with their power sources, the special dangers that may be present due to incorrect assembly, and the severe time constraints often placed on maintenance personnel all make safe maintenance and repair work difficult. This Module helps to develop the competence and confidence of 3/E and 4/E in carrying out machinery maintenance work on board safely and efficiently.
Contents of the course
- Read and interpret drawings in the instruction manual.
- Disconnect and lock out the equipment from all of its power sources.
- Proper method of dis-assembly and assembly of
- Centrifugal pumps,
- Alfa laval (ALCAP) and Mitsubishi SJ2000 purifier,
- Tanabe & Hamworthy compressors,
- Alfa Laval heat exchanger.
- Inspection and calibration of internal components.
- Correct procedure to operate and test the performance of the machinery after overhaul.
- Checks during operation, break down case studies and common assembly errors.
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the course.|
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.