Proper maintenance of main engine Tubocharger and Fuel Pump at regular intervals directly affects the combustion process, thereby reducing emissions and help burn fuel efficiently leading to improved engine performance.
The Course is designed to give hands on experience in overhauling the above critical main engine components thereby eliminating error during the overhaul on board the vessel.
Contents of the course
- Proper method of dismantling and assembling main engine turbocharger and fuel
pump by using correct tools,
- Checking of fuel pump timing for Sulzer and B&W MC engines,
- Main engine bearings disassembly/assembly,
- Correct procedure to test the performance of the machinery after overhaul.
- Operational and post maintenance problems, prevention of their re-occurence
through case study analysis.