To give seafarers, the essential education and training in high voltage installations to meet the knowledge, understanding and proficiency requirements set out in specific part of the lable A-III/I of STCW.
- Understand various protections of high voltage installations onboard a vessel.
- Able to appreciate various safety requirements necessary for high voltage installations.
- The need for, high voltage safety rules and procedures on board ships.
- Legislation and guidance pertaining to marine high voltage systems and how to apply it.
- Electrical hazards associated with high voltage systems e.g. electrical shock, arc and blast.