|Leadership Level 2 [Approved By The Nautical Institute]|
TMSA Training Requirement 2a, 3a
Entry Criteria: Senior Officers, Superintendents (Who have done the Leadership Level 1 MRM course)
Course Duration: 3 Days
The Leadership Level 2 course aims to motivate officers to develop leadership qualities, a range of communication skills and to take on a managerial and leadership role onboard. The course emphasizes on the application of the key principles of leadership.
The course creates critical awareness of the various cognitive and affective factors that impact human performance.
This course is an advanced course and covers training recommended for all senior officers and superintendents who have completed the Maritime Resource Management Course. It utilizes a range of teaching methods - simulated role plays, table top exercises and self assessment.
Contents of the course
- Understand the principles of leadership to manage shipboard operations.
- Manage people from different culltural backgrounds and demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Understand the importance of Personal and professional Development and the need for coaching and mentoring.
- Utilize knowledge of individual and team processes for effective problem solving.
- Team Leadership
- Cultural Issues Management
- Managing Human Limitation Issues
- Personal and Professional Development
- Coaching / Mentoring
- Managing Communications
- Decision Making and problem Solving
- Appraisal / Evaluation
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the classroom course.|
For webinar course
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.
- Softcopy of passport size photo and above documents