Entry Criteria: All Ratings
Course Duration: 4 Days
Accidents and injuries cost the shipping industry millions of dollars every year. Do our crew know the proper, correct and safe way of working in every conceivable situation? The answer could be mostly ‘yes’ but generally ‘no’. This course is made specifically for ratings, keeping in mind the hazardous nature of their job, whether they are working aloft, overside, on deck, in holds, in tanks or in the engine room. The crew safety course is designed to provide knowledge and guidance on the current best industry practices to be followed during working on board ships.The topics addressed have been referenced from the Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seamen.
- To promote safety awareness, encourage positive work ethics and improve motivation amongst the crew on board ships.
- To identify various hazards affecting a seaman in different working environment.
- To follow the safe and correct procedure of carrying out a task - as per the‘best practice’ given in Code Of Safe Working Practices and ICS Safety Guides, OCIMF recommendations etc.
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the course.|
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.