Entry Criteria: All Ratings
Webinar Duration (Theory Only) : 2 Days
This course has been specially designed to cover the STCW and ISM code requirement on extent of knowledge of English language required by all seafarers. The course starts of with General English, words to be formed into phrases, emphasis being on clear, precise communication rather than a being grammatically correct. It is followed by Maritime English phrases as taken from standard Marine Communication Phrases The course is interactive with participants made to read, speak, reply and understand messages being conveyed. Extensive use is made of CBT's and video training. The participants are evaluated throughout the course and a grading is given to them at the end.
- To read and understand simple and common English phrases.
- All on board must be able to effectively communicate with each other in one common language (English).
- Know the common phrases and terminology as per IMO Standard Marine Vocabulary used in day to day shipboard operations and in emergency situations.
Contents of the course
- General English
- Capability to understand & speak common sentences
- On board Familiarisation
- Use of Nautical terms & standard phrases as per IMO
- Standard vocabulary
- Safety system onboard
- Emergency Preparedness
- Nautical glossary
- Tests and Evaluations
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the course.|
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.