TMSA Training Requirement 3b
This course covers all the Annexes of Marpol 73/78 and Oil Pollution Act 90 in detail. Practical training for engineers is given on 15ppm oily water separator monitoring equipment especially on maintenance and testing. Deck officers and engineers given training on computer based simulator on oil discharge monitoring and control equipment. Training given on correct log entries oil Record Book and garbage log.
Contents of the course
- Marpol Annex 1 regulations on discharge of oily water - its implementation.
- Calculation of sludge generation and filling up of Oil Record Book.
- Use of ODMCE.
- Annex IV - Methods of handling sewage.
- Annex V - Garbage Handling & Log Keeping.
- Annex VI - Rules and NOx Technical Code.