|Maritime Safety Management-Module 4 (Accident Investigation)|
Based on DNVs Accident Investigation
Module and IMO Model Course 3.11, TMSA Training Requirement 8a
Entry Criteria: Mstr, C/O, C/E, 2/E, 3/E & 2/O holding Chief Mate CoC & due for promotion
Course Duration: 1 Day
|Course Schedule: |
|From Date||To Date||Location|| |
Techniques for collecting information, analyzing and reporting on marine accidents and incidents for persons responsible for accident/ incident investigations.
The International Loss Control Institute's "Loss Causation Model" and Prof. Reasons Model is used to carry out root cause analysis to enable find the basic cause of the incident. This helps set a managerial corrective action, striking at the root of the problem so as to prevent such incidents from recurring in the future.
- Knowledge of IMO resolutions, conventions and code on Accident Investigation.
- Understand the Loss Causation Model, and the Accident Swiss Cheese Model.
- Be able to carry out an accident investigation, do a root cause analysis to find the basic cause and implement corrective action to prevent such incidents in the future.
Contents of the course
- Accidents & public perception.
- International Conventions and Investigation Code.
- Accident Investigation - the process.
- Evidence collection.
- Interviewing Techniques.
- Human Factors.
- Root Cause Analysis.
- Accident Reporting.
|Please find below the list of documents required to get on the first day of the course.|
- 2 passport size photographs,
- Copies of Passport, CDC, COC & INDOS No.